Known in short as the IA, the International Academy was one of the first companies based in the UK to offer ski and snowboard instructor training courses, and the first in the Canadian Rockies.
Over 15 years on, we continue to offer high quality instructor programmes in partnership with the resident ski and snowboard schools in selected world class ski resorts. Now part of Harris Holidays Limited, we also have the backing and support of a leading ski specialist company with 25 years experience.
International Academy is a member of the Year Out Group, an association of independent organisations that promotes the concepts and benefits of well-structured gap year programmes.
We are part of Harris Holidays Ltd. Harris Holidays Limited Registered in England No 02454681. International Academy is a trading name of Harris Holidays Limited. Registered office: 4th Floor 5-7 John Princes Street, London W1G 0JN.
the right ski or snowboard instructor course for you
International Academy has been running ski and snowboard instructor training courses in Canada & New Zealand since 1997 and we are one of the longest running companies in our field.
With the addition of European courses in Val d'Isere - Tignes, Verbier and Zell am See - Kaprun, you can ...
- travel to world class resorts in Canada, Europe or New Zealand
- receive quality training to develop your knowledge and technique
- benefit from a complete snowsports education
- qualify as a ski instructor or snowboard instructor
- have loads of fun in the process!
Here are just some of the reasons why our ski and snowboard courses stand out:
- We work with some of the best ski schools and resorts in the world we have developed an excellent reputation for delivering quality programmes with high pass rates
- Some courses we offer like our Zell am See - Kaprun programme can lead to guaranteed jobs for the season!
- Many of our past trainees have stayed on or returned to the resort where they trained to work as instructors. Others have gained emploment at ski resorts worldwide
- Being part of Harris Holidays Limited makes us even stronger and we can organise flights for you through our aviation department
- Great range of accommodations and meal plans which suit people on various budgets
- The quality of our training programmes and instruction provided by the ski & snowboard schools is second to none!
- We provide attentive service and support in resort
- We can offer guaranteed paid ski instructor placements with SkiBound over the February half term school holidays subject to passing your Level 1 & 2 in appropriate timescales (early season courses).
training from the very best
We do NOT compromise on the standard or quality of training through lower certified and less experienced trainers and coaches. If you are paying a substantial amount of money to do a professional training course, we only use the best instructors in the resorts to enable you to improve and develop your potential, achieve your goals, and give you the best possible chance of success in your exams. This is why we have such a high pass rate with testimonials from successful trainees who have completed our ski and snowboard instructor courses, many of whom have gone on to work in the snowsports industry.
As we are a member of Harris Holiday Limited, you can travel with complete peace of mind, full ATOL bonding and financial protection and we operate under the highest health and safety standards.
For some, our ski and snowboard instructor courses will enable you to develop and improve your skills in skiing or snowboarding and gain internationally recognised qualifications. For others, the instructor courses may be the catalyst for an exciting new career.
In short, you will reap the rewards from a high quality ski or snowboard instructor training programme. You will also get to meet a diverse range of people and probably make friends for life. Whatever your motivations may be for choosing an International Academy course, you’re sure to benefit from a memorable, rewarding and potentially life-changing experience!